Free Xhosa lessons and Mandela Day in Mandela Park
‘Mandela Day Community Event’
From 10 July, Craigieji from UBuntu Bridge (www.learnxhosa.co.za) will provide on air radio lessons with complimentary online video lessons leading up to various volunteering activities on Mandela day, the 18th July 2012. This event will see locals and visitors come together, in Mandela Park (Imizamo Yethu, Hout Bay), to enjoy their more than ‘67 minutes for Madiba’.
To help cover costs we ask for R67 per visitor.
Visitors will have the opportunity to share the day with the Children from Ikhaya LeThemba, with help from:
RSVP CRUCIAL by email – limited to 67 people only!
Join the days fun by emailing your name, cell number and a short motivation (less than 67 words) to email@example.com
Free lessions leading up to the day
Commencing on the 10th of July 2012, UBuntu Bridge’s Quite a White Ou, will be presenting online and on-air “Survival Xhosa lessons 101”, for the week leading up to a volunteering event in Mandela Park, on Mandela Day. The daily radio lessons will offer DJ’s and listeners the opportunity to interact in a fun and effective way, exploring the Xhosa language and culture.
The Radio shows will be supported by online Xhosa learning lessons and videos uploaded to Youtube each day, so that listeners can continue to practice what they have heard on air, and more. Lessons include practical grammar and cultural understanding.
Listen out for the lessons on your favourite local radio stations.
Meanwhile get started with these
- Pronunciation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrvx8Ap-Qp8
- A Basic Xhosa Greeting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0eO1Vqie8
- How to X Click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJm6g3Nmkm0
- How to Sing the National Anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Eg19PmFC4
- How to Toyi Toyi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gQkWMekXeQ
- How to African Handshake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3p2uR8cMdk
- Township Diversity Day: http://youtu.be/SxH5bUOjTHI