- You don't pay any booking fees
- We've personally visited each place
- We only feature places that meet our standards
- We will personally assist you with your booking
Peace and tranquillity await at this romantic getaway. Located on wine and fruit estate near Wellington, only 45 minutes from Cape Town, 15 minutes from Paarl and 30 minutes from Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, Dunstone Country House is ideally located to explore the Cape Winelands.
Situated at the foothills of the mountains and lying at the foot of the historic Bainskloof pass, here amazing views and the sounds of nature welcome you.
Dunstone Country House:
Five beautifully-appointed guest suites are the original Dunstone guest rooms, housed in the converted stables and a stable farm cottage. The rooms offer stunning views of the mountains, vines and the farm. Each room has a private entrance and veranda. A beautiful guest lounge with wrap around views and a 10m infinity pool overlooking the vineyards and mountains beyond are available for guests to enjoy along with the landscaped gardens including a herb garden, roses and lavender.
A new addition to the estate is the original manor house. A stately three bedroom house on the southern rise of the farm. Set amongst lush gardens, towering shady oak trees, and vineyards, this beautiful property has an air of tranquillity, making it the perfect retreat. The property can either be rented as a private house sleeping 6 – 8 persons on a B&B or self-catering basis, or as individual guest suites on a B&B basis. The three individually decorated bedroom are housed on the first floor and offer beautiful views over the gardens, vineyard and mountains. A gracious guest lounge which opens out on to a pretty stoep with its own sun drenched pool is also available for guests to enjoy along with a fully equipped kitchen and braai facilities.
Guava cottage is a self-catering cottage set amongst the guava orchard. It boasts its own Viognier vineyard outside the front door, a full equipped kitchen, fireplace, 2 king-sized bedrooms, a private garden and private heated swimming pool. Also available on a B&B basis.
Vine Cottage is a new addition on the southern slope of the estate. Originally stables, it is tastefully converted into a pretty one-bedroom cottage with a private veranda and garden, creating a very private escape for 2. Guests at Vine cottage have access to all facilities at the Country House on a B&B option.
In addition to the facilities listed here, guests also enjoy off street vine shaded parking; free wifi; DSTV hotel package; a fully licensed family Bistro restaurant; winery, cellar tours and wine tasting. Plus there are 10 hectares of beautiful vineyards and fruit orchards to explore.
All rooms have air-conditioning with cooling and heating mode; fine cotton linen; goose down duvets and pillows; en-suite bathroom; high quality towels & bath robes; luxury amenities; hairdryer; large bar fridge with honesty bar, and snacks and tea tray with homemade lavender cookies. Rooms also boast safe, iPod player, flat screen television with DSTV hotel package, DVD Player with USB port, and an in-house DVD library is also available.
TGCSA 4-Star Guest House | Dinners from R250 pp | B&B Rates include breakfast, wine tasting and afternoon tea
Please note: Rates are a guide and subject to change. Please re-confirm rates when booking or enquiring.
Directions to Dunstone Country House
Please do NOT follow your GPS – You will Get Lost!
• Take to N1 from Cape town
• Turn off on the R44 to Wellington
• Keep on the R44 all the way until you get to the Wellington T-Junction at Welgelee Centre (Checkers)
• Turn Left into Wellington
• At the Church turn right into Church street
• Head out of town towards the Bains Kloof Pass
• On your right you will come to Bovlei Winery/ Wellington Wine
• Take the first turn Left onto Hill road.
• (From here you can follow our Brown tourist signs to Bovlei Valley Retreat.)
• Then on your left, you will see Redemption Leather
• Take the very first right - Bovlei Road
• At the T junction turn right – travel along the tarred/gravel road.
• Keep going – Go past the Bovlei House on your left.
• You will then hit a gravel road – keep going for about 1km, we are on the right, you will see sign and large cape Dutch style house. Turn right and follow the signs to Dunstone Country House