- You don't pay any booking fees
- We've personally visited each place
- We only feature places that meet our standards
- We will personally assist you with your booking
Head Over Hills is an exclusive 5* retreat situated on the edge of the famous rocky cliffs of The Heads in Knysna. This is the ideal vantage point from which to enjoy spectacular sunsets, dolphin & whale watching.
There are 8 luxurious rooms all with private balconies offerings unsurpassed views of the Indian Ocean & Knysna Lagoon. Each room has a luxurious bathroom with heated towel rail, air conditioning and a Plasma screen TV with Satellite & a DVD Player.
Facilities include a rim-flow swimming pool, jacuzzi, wooden deck, BBQ room, lounge with fireplace and fully stocked bar. Wifi is available and the guest house is also wheelchair friendly.
Each stay is inclusive of a gourmet breakfast served either in the dining room or on the deck. An in-house dinner is available upon request at an additional charge.
Head Over Hills can be rented in it’s entirety by a group as an exclusive villa and in this scenario children can also be accommodated.
The Head over Hills team is very passionate about golf and Knysna is a dream destination for golfers making this the perfect base for your golfing holiday on the Garden route
This luxury accommodation is the perfect backdrop to a well-deserved getaway, a honeymoon or to simply take in the splendor of a naturally beautiful location. Whether you need a little time for yourself or a haven for you and your loved, this unique and tranquil setting is the perfect place to escape to.
TGCSA 5-Star Guest House | Secure parking | Swedish spoken
Please note: Rates are a guide and subject to change. Please re-confirm rates when booking or enquiring.
From Cape Town International / George:
From Cape Town drive direct towards George on the N2.
1. From the George Airport parking depot, turn right and then take the first left onto the N2
2. Carry on straight on the N2 all the way into Knysna
3. Continue through the town of Knysna along its main road
4. On your right you will see a Kwikspar and Caltex garage
5. Directly after you pass these two markings, you will see a sign to your right saying 'George Rex Drive', 'Leisure Isle',' The Heads'. Turn into this road, and follow it all the way along to the Heads
6. Once you pass the Woodbourne Caravan Park on your left, the next road to the left, which goes up a hill called 'Coney Glen Hill', is the road you take
7. Follow this winding road all the way to the top till you reach a sign saying 'The Viewpoint'. Here you continue to follow the road to the left
8. You will reach a three-way junction
9. Take the road to your right, which curves around a bend
10. As the road curves, you will see a sign saying '350m to Head over Hills
11. Straight after this sign, take the first left, which is our road called 'Glen View Drive'.
12. We are located at the top of the road
13. We have different flags up and a long driveway down to the house
14. We are number 22 and the house is white, directly on the cliff's edge
From Port Elizabeth:
1. Take the N2 straight from Port Elizabeth into Knysna
2. Just after you see the sign saying 'Welcome to Knysna' on your left, there will be another sign saying 'George Rex Drive, the Heads, Leisure Isle'. Turn left onto this road
3. If you are driving past a Caltex and Quickspar, you have gone too far and past the turnoff you should have taken
4. If you are driving past 'Bosuns Pub' on your left, you are on the right road, carry on straight to the Heads
5. Follow directions from Point 6 above