- You don't pay any booking fees
- We've personally visited each place
- We only feature places that meet our standards
- We will personally assist you with your booking
Tomjachu is an intimate private bush lodge and private nature reserve, just 20 minutes from Nelspruit, overlooking Kruger’s distant southern boundary. Set in 550 hectares of mountain bushveld within the Crocodile River Mountain Conservancy, walk amongst zebra, giraffe, wildebeest, and kudu and enjoy havens, lakes and lapas on the reserve.
Tomjachu offers a unique experience of flora and fauna in an atmosphere of relaxation, seclusion and tranquillity. Stay in the homely comfort of the safari-style Homestead on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis, or in one of three quaint self-catering cottages each with its own unique character and romantic ambiance. Two even boast private plunge pools.
Valbonne Villa offers the elegant comfort of an exclusive 6-bedroom villa in an eclectic modern colonial style. The deep veranda is perfect for lazing and entertaining, with a rim-flow pool below - perfect for cooling down in the heat. The magnificent elevated views are simply sublime.
Idyllic days are spent on nature drives, hiking, mountain biking and bass fishing. More leisurely pursuits include simply relaxing on the veranda listening to the orchestra of over 265 bird species.
Awarded Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015/2016/2017/2018
Tomjachu 4-Star Lodge | Valbonne Villa 5-Star Self-Catering | WiFi hotspot
Base yourself on the doorstep of Kruger and explore the magic of the African bush at Tomjachu. they are offering 30% off all of accommodation until 15 December 2020.
Minimum two-night stay on weekends (Fri-Sat).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Please note: Rates are a guide and subject to change. Please re-confirm rates when booking or enquiring.
Directions: From Pretoria & Johannesburg: Take the N4 east. Continue on the N4 until you reach Nelspruit. At the ABSA Centre turn right into Ferreira Street. Travel over 3 sets of traffic lights, and after the third traffic light at the Stop street turn right into Ferreira Street. Travel along Ferreira Street 10.5km until the road becomes a gravel approx. 1.75km along the gravel road (Uitkyk Road) where there will be a sign on the left hand side Tomjachu Bush Lodge, turn left and travel (approx. 3 Km) until you reach the Main Gate.
From the EAST – Maputo/Komatipoort & Malelane
(This route has tolls. They do not accept international credit cards, only cash)
• From Maputo follow the N4 West towards Mbombela/Nelspruit for 197km
• As you approach Nelspruit, turn left onto the R104 signposted Crocodile Valley
• Continue along R104 for 8km and turn left at the T-junction onto Dr Enos Mabuza Dr
• After 4km at the circle take the 1st exit left onto Ferreira St
• Continue along Ferreira St for around 7km, where the tar ends and becomes a gravel road
• Continue on this gravel road (Uitkyk Road) for 1.75 km
• At the top of the hill look out for the large Tomjachu Bush Retreat sign and the number 24
• Turn left down the single gravel road at number 24 (also signposted Uitkyk Nurseries)
• Continue straight for 3km on this track
• Our gate is on the right with a big sign saying Tomjachu Bush Retreat
• Press the RECEPTION button and let us know the name on the reservation
• Follow internal signs to Reception where you will be welcomed by our staff