Luxury Accommodation in Jeffreys Bay
Jeffrey's Bay travel guide
Known the world over as a Mecca for the global surfing community, Jeffrey's Bay, or J-Bay as it's known to the locals, is one of South Africa's best loved seaside towns.
Apart from the excellent waves that enthusiasts travel from far and wide to surf, there's plenty to do for all ages in J-Bay.
Our guide has been compiled with the help of Moya Manzi Beach House who supplied us with some insiders' info on what to see and do in Jeffreys Bay.
Jeffrey's Bay Highlights
- Beach-based activities: Surf the world's best waves, go sandboarding, or simply enjoy walking along the beach for miles on soft white sands of Paradise Beach. Nearby Cape St Francis offers an alternate surfing venue if J-Bay's packed.
- Dining out: Moya Manzi recommends Tapas in Aston Bay (try the Calamari – its fantastic!), Kitchen Windows and The Greek
- J-Bay Festivals: Talent spot at the Billabong pro Surfing Competition every July. Or for something more laid-back, enjoy the Shell Festival each September
- Shopping opportunities: Kit yourself out in the latest surf fashions - visit Billabong Village, Country Feeling (homegrown fashion) and the numerous other surf factory shops. Fountains Shopping Mall is another good place to enjoy some retail therapy.
- Experience nature: Beaches aside, nature lovers can also enjoy spending time outdoors at Baviaanskloof Wilderness and the Tsitiskamma Nature reserve a short drive away, or hang with the animals at African Dawn Wild Life Sanctuary.
Our Portfolio of Jeffrey's Bay Accommodation
Peruse our selection of luxury Jeffrey's Bay accommodation - beach houses, guest houses and B&Bs - you'll find idyllic accommodation perfect for your family beach holiday, wild weekend away with the boys or romantic getaway at the seaside.
Be sure to plan around the Billabong festival and summer season when J-Bay gets super crowded - either book well in advance or come off season.
(Image: Moya Manzi Beach House)