The beach known fondly as Plett, is right between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth in the prettiest part of the Garden Route. It’s only half an hour’s drive away from Knysna and 2.5 hours’ drive from Port Elizabeth. You can also fly to George from Cape Town or Johannesburg and then drive 1.5 hours to Plett. In summer there are direct flights to...
Lairds Lodge Country Estate
Includes Bed & Breakfast
This gracious Cape Dutch-style homestead is set on a 24-acre estate, offering mountain views, wide open spaces and a secluded swimming pool. The high-ceilinged elegantly...
Hunters Country House
Fragrant and colourful, Hunter’s flourishing gardens create an idyllic setting for this luxurious retreat in the heart of the Garden Route. This beautiful property combines a...
Aberni on Sea
4 Apartments, 1 Luxury Bedroom and 1 Penthouse Apartment, Self-Catering Options
Aberni On Sea is surrounded by fynbos and a short stroll away from beautiful Robberg Beach, in a safe, quiet residential area of Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route. Modern and...
Set amidst emerald green pastures at the foothills of the Outeniqua mountains, and surrounded by paddocks, meadows and immaculate polo fields, lies Kurland, a tranquil estate...
Piesang Valley Lodge
In Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route, Piesang Valley Lodge is set in 15 acres of lush vegetation with views of the ocean and close to beaches, town and borders the...
7 Bedrooms and 1 Luxury Self-Catering Suite
Cornerway House is an attractive colourful house set in a pretty garden with a swimming pool, a short stroll away from the magnificent golden sands of Robberg Beach in...
Tsala Treetop Lodge
10 private suites & 6 two-bedroomed villas
If you’re after an escape that offers something truly special, then this luxurious retreat in the heart of the Garden Route is where you’ll experience pure magic. Set high in...
Hog Hollow Country Lodge and Villa
16 Suites - fireplaces in most, except family rooms.
“If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live.” - Lin Yutang (1895–1976). Just 18km from Plettenberg Bay lies a...
Villa @ Hog Hollow
If you’re looking for the ideal family escape in a naturally beautiful environment but with all the mod cons, head up the Garden Route to The Villa at Hog Hollow Country Lodge....
Milkwood Manor on Sea
Milkwood Manor is located on the oceanfront in Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route. Awake to the sound of breaking surf and seagull’s cry. Enjoy the Manor’s breathtaking views...
6 Bedroom House - Sleeps 12 to 14 people
You can always be sure that where ever Veronique Susman has weaved some of her décor magic, there’s bound to be a gorgeous home – and Lookout House in Plettenberg Bay is...
An Ocean Watch Guest House
5 Bedrooms and 1 Family Unit
** FULLY BOOKED 14 DECEMBER 2016 – 5 JANUARY 2017 ** With stunning ocean views, An Ocean Watch Guest House is perfectly positioned in Plettenberg Bay for whale and dolphin...
The Grand Cafe & Rooms
Grand Café & Rooms welcomes guests with a sense of elegance and worldly charm while refl ecting upon its setting over Africa’s most beautiful bay and offers seven uniquely...
Tamodi Lodge and Stables
2 Bedrooms and 1 Luxury Honeymoon Room
Be captivated by the peace and scenic beauty of The Crags, between Plettenberg Bay and Natures’s Valley. Here amidst 29 hectares of mountains, forests and fynbos, Tamodi Lodge...
Fynbos Ridge & Cottages
5 Rooms, 1 Studio and 3 Self-Catering Cottages
Fynbos Ridge & Cottages is set in a private nature reserve in the heart of the Garden Route, between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay with spectacular mountain views. The Cape...
1 Cottage with 3 Bedrooms and 1 House with 3 Bedrooms, Self-Catering Options
Set on a tranquil 68-acre estate in The Crags, 10 minutes from Plettenberg Bay with spectacular views over the Keurbooms indigenous forest. Fairview is ideal for a family....
22 Julia B&B
An intimate, charming and privately run B&B, 22 Julia is located in central Plettenberg Bay with panoramic views over the Poortjies Lagoon and ocean, with the Tsitsikamma...
The Robberg, Peninsula, Plettenberg Bay along the famous Garden Route, is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa. Being built on three levels on Beachy Head Drive, the...
5 Guest rooms
Get lost in the tranquillity and welcoming atmosphere of this beautiful lodge found in one of the Garden Route’s most spectacular towns: Plettenberg Bay. Earthiness collides...
This intimate and comfortable lodge is a short two minute walk from glorious Robberg Beach, a pristine stretch that has earned its Blue Flag status with its untouched sands and...
Most popular areas for this location
Plettenberg Bay travel guide
The beach known fondly as Plett, is right between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth in the prettiest part of the Garden Route. It’s only half an hour’s drive away from Knysna and 2.5 hours’ drive from Port Elizabeth. You can also fly to George from Cape Town or Johannesburg and then drive 1.5 hours to Plett. In summer there are direct flights to Plett airport. This small town sits above gleaming white sands and rocky coves and has a lovely relaxed feel, with cafes, a street market and boutiques.
For many people, summer in Plett is about perfect beaches, watersports, glamorous nights and cocktails. It gets very busy in December/January. Central Beach is where the scene is, but for a quieter moment head for ultra-long Robberg Beach. Plett is a great place to visit in autumn and winter too, as the weather is mild and you may well have the beaches to yourself. Winter is also the time to catch the Food and Film Festival in July. You’ll see excellent films on a food theme and presentations by some of the country’s best known foodies.
If you’re looking to be active, the indigenous forests are chock-full of hiking and biking trails, and you can take kids to a choice of two water parks and a 3D puzzle park. Also on the cards are golf, zip lining, skydiving, abseiling and bungee jumping, or you could visit animal sanctuaries, a township and quite a few wine farms.
Awesome daytrips near Plett:
- Robberg Nature Reserve – a beautiful marine protected peninsula with Stone Age caves and a tidal swimming pool. Choose from easy to difficult hikes where you can spot some rare wildlife, phenomenal views of the coastline, plus you can swim with seals and spot dolphins and whales in season.
- Jukani Wildlife Reserve – a conservation focused destination where rescued wild animals are given a safe home. On a guided tour you will see wildlife such as lions, Bengal and Siberian tigers, jaguars, hyenas, honey badgers, zebras.
- Knysna – Spend the day in this stylish yet offbeat town on the shores of a large lagoon. You can explore the cafes, boutiques and craft shops in town, cruise on the lagoon or take a ferry to the Featherbed Nature Reserve.
- The Crags – this hub has the fantastic Monkeyland sanctuary, Birds of Eden sanctuary and the Elephant Sanctuary, all recipients of responsible tourism awards. You can also taste wine, visit the Old Nick Village for some shopping or just lie on the beach.
- Plettenberg Bay Game Reserve – book a game drive or horseback safari through 2000 hectares of malaria -free indigenous bushveld, and you may spot some of the Big Five, plus hippos, crocodiles, zebras and giraffes. And only 15 minutes’ drive away from Plett.
- Keurbooms River: Choose from one of two boating experiences. You could journey by boat or canoe through a quiet inland gorge, with only the sounds of birds in the thick forests, stopping to picnic on a tiny beach. Or you could float your boat to the stunning estuary where the Keurboom River meets the sea, enjoy the beach and lagoon before heading back.
- The Tsitsikamma National Park – A mere 68km away from Plett you will come across dense forests and intertidal lakes. You can canoe along the waterways, do a canopy tour of the treetops or simply walk along the coast or in the forest. If you want a few days hiking, the Storms River Mouth is the start of the much-loved Otter Trail.