Over 1200 participants from all over South Africa as well as the USA, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Swaziland are expected.
This International Marimba and Steelpan Festival has a number of components to it:
- Marimba and steelpan competitions divided into various age groups and categories.
- Hands-on workshops on a variety of traditional music topics.
- Massed marimba and steelpan experiences.
- Performances on marimbas and steelpans by leading local and international artists.
- A massed drumming experience.
- Composition competitions restricted to resident South Africans and divided into various age groups.
- Art competitions restricted to resident South Africans and divided into various age groups.
- Photographic competitions restricted to resident South Africans and divided into various age groups.
Not only will there be non-stop music from 8 am on the 4th August 2012 to 5 pm on the 5th August 2012 but there will also be a flea market with stalls to please every taste.
This is an event for the whole family and is fast proving to be one of the top music event of Gauteng for 2012.
Need to know
- Dates: 4-5 August 2012
- Venue: Bishop Bavin School, Bedfordview, Gauteng
- Ticketing: Pre-book your entrance ticket for R85.00 for a week-end pass or get your ticket at the gate: R100.00 for a week-end pass or R60.00 per day pass.
- Contact: Joan: 082 266 6229 (office hours only) or Bongi: 011 685 7300 (office hours only)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.internationalmarimbafestival.org