Locals’ Guide to St Lucia
Top Must-do’s or Must-see’s in St Lucia
- Visit the Crocodile Centre at feeding time
- Estuary Hippo/Croc Tour
- Visit and lunch at the Cultural Village
- Take the St Lucia Heritage Tour - see why the Isimangaliso World Heritage Park has been given international status. An off-road experience which includes an ecological overview of the area, wonderful game viewing, bird watching, swimming and snorkelling.
Top 3 places to eat out in St Lucia
- Ocean Basket (family friendly seafood franchise)
- Braza Portoguese style dining franchise
- Thyme Square Coffee shop and deli
Top unique / unusual / wacky attractions in St Lucia
- It’s not unusual to find hippo wandering down a street in St Lucia or encounter a leopard on the beach!
Top Nature & Adventure Activities
- Whale watching (in season)
- Turtle Tours (in season)
- Kayaking on the estuary between crocodiles and pods of hippo
- Horse Safaris - Beach and Game Rides
- Game Drives to Cape Vidal or nearby Hluhluwe/Umfolozi Game Reserve
Whale Song’s Number One ‘Locals’ Secret Hangout’
- Spend an evening at the Ski Boat Club watching hippos both in and out the water while you enjoy sundowners followed by a delicious dinner.
Stay at Whale Song Guest House in St Lucia
Whale Song Guest House is on the Elephant Coast in the tranquil village of St Lucia KwaZulu Natal, in the heart of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, a World Heritage Site. A warm welcome awaits and friendly hosts will ensure a pleasant and relaxing stay. Comfortable accommodation with air-conditioning.