The Klink Awards: A Toast to Wine Tourism
The #KLINK Awards have been launched by Wine Tourism South Africa, publishers of the Wine Tourism Handbook, with the objective of inspiring South Africans to explore and enjoy the experiences offered by the country’s winelands.
Hailed as the ‘Idols’ competition of wine tourism, a panel of industry-related professionals have nominated the top five finalists in each of the #KLINK Awards’ fourteen categories. Now it’s up to you to go to the Wine Tourism South Africa website , Facebook or Twitter pages, see which top wineland spots are amongst the nominees and vote. What’s more, those who vote will stand the chance of winning special prizes such as wines, weekends away and restaurant vouchers.
From the 27th of August to the 24th of October you will get the chance to choose who will be crowned champion in not-so-typical categories such as:
- The ‘Wild Card’ Award for Most Unusual Attraction on a Wine Route;
- The ‘Family Day Out’ Award for Best Child-Friendly Venue on a Wine Farm;
- The 'Tread Gently’ Award for Most Green Wine Farm;
- The ‘Delicious Deli’ Award for Best Deli on a Wine Farm;
- The ‘Beyond Expectations’ Award for Great Food and Excellent Value;
- And the ‘Country Comfort’ Award for Boutique Accommodation on a Wine Estate
- The full list of categories is available on the website and the winners in each will be announced on the 25th of October.
“The awards are about celebrating not just the wine made in these regions but also the way in which it is made, the people who make it, the restaurants that pair it and the landscape that gives it birth – all based on the experiences of the consumers themselves. This is a unique concept in that it is a competition for the people by the people,” concludes #KLINK Awards and Wine Tourism South Africa Founder, Monika Elias.
Cape Winelands accommodation
Stay in the beautiful Cape Winelands at one of Portfolio Collection's luxury winelands accommodation places.
Paarl, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and beyond - we offer the very best in winelands accommodation in B&Bs, cottages, farm stays and villas.